Leader in Naming Rights/Partnerships/Sponsorship Sales
Innovative Partnerships Group is looking for a Senior Director Business Development to join our fast-growing organization. This role will be tasked with leading business development and consulting efforts including key accounts with a focus on strategic and long-term partnership sales, external project and client management and internal leadership. A proven track record in sponsorship sales, business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit and solution-based approach are key elements for this role. The ideal candidate will have a team-oriented mindset, openness to thinking differently and a career rooted in collaboration. This candidate will also possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to carry internal and external projects while reporting into partners of the firm and the C-suite.
Innovative Partnerships Group is a leading commercial consulting and analytics firm at the intersection of sports and entertainment and more. Our focus is on long-term revenue generation through partnership marketing. Our firm is a globally recognized organization that consults with prestige properties and as well as global brands to help maximize their sponsorship/partnership investments. We hold deep expertise in B2B partnerships, naming rights, foundational and sponsorship partnerships with a focus on sports and entertainment districts. We successfully execute on these partnerships through its proprietary Partnership Intelligence software that provides quantitative results for media and programs/platforms as well as the direct/indirect revenue potential for both properties and brands. Additional information is available at www.ipg360.com
At Innovative Partnerships Group, our core values are what bring us together and drive us to do big things for our partners. We commit to excellence for our clients, inspire, have fun, collaborate through leadership and always, act with empathy and respect. We are looking for the right individual to embody these values and communicate them to the future recruits.
- Lead business development across prestige accounts in Innovative Partnerships Group’s portfolio
- Manage day to day business development activities including outreach, phone calls, in-person meetings and pitches/presentations
- Manage end-to-end sales process from outreach to contract execution for naming rights, founding sponsorships, B2B partnerships in the seven to nine-figure range.
- Lead communication with prestige accounts across business development and ongoing account management including action plans and key workstreams
- Project manage and supervision of Innovative Partnerships Group personnel to generate new business & sales activities as determined by Innovative Partnerships Group leadership and track against deadlines
- Manage individual and key account business development pipelines in Innovative Partnerships Group Salesforce CRM
- Organize, prepare & lead weekly external client meetings and/or virtual calls including agendas, deliverable tracking, pipeline reports and ongoing key account prioritization
- Collaborate with Business Development Studio to identify key prospects within Innovative Partnerships Group database of contacts and contribute to further development of the database
- Ongoing reporting to Innovative Partnerships Group leadership on assigned prestige accounts including projections & overall business opportunities on time-sensitive & as needed basis
- Other activities as directed in connection with supporting business
- This role may require travel
Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- MBA or Post-graduate degree is a plus, but not required
- 7+ years of solution-oriented experience in business development and/or partnership sales and consulting preferably in sports, entertainment
- Deep and proven Rolodex of global & domestic brands and agency contacts
- Deep understanding of executing strategic and consultative sales programs
- Proven ability to source, negotiate and close major long-term partnerships
- Ability to think differently and create new partnership inventory, IP, and platforms as part of the sales process
- Proven track record of clear and successful project & client management as well as a high degree of confidence in external C-level meetings under tight deadlines
- A high degree of accountability for servicing clients with consistency
- A team-first mentality and can thrive in a fast-paced, high octane organization
- Software skills (MSOffice: Excel, Word, PowerPoint; iOS Creative: Keynote, Pages; Salesforce CRM; other sales prospecting tools)
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including presentation
To apply send your PDF resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Innovative Partnerships Group is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally-recognized protected basis under Federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.